The Weight Loss Trials

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Now, the running thing...

I stopped using the treadmill because we didn't seem to gel.

More like I was too big to be runnin on it.

It wasn't an issue with stamina, per se. I could easily hit 2 miles. But when I tried to crank up the speed, I was constantly reminded how far from "normal" I was.

The damn thing had a weight restriction.

If you're under 250, the treadmill would do you right. Anything over that, and he'd probably send yo ass flyin backward into a wall (or in my case, the old lady walking by) when the belt suddenly stopped. I hated not being able to run so much that I got some shoes and decided to do it outside.

Not the thing to do if you're a beginning runner and live in North Carolina. These hills had my calves burning.

So the arc trainer had become my salvation. But I kept hearing Kyle talk about the treadmill and how he's doing 2+ miles now. It was like dangling chocolate in front of my face. I had to see.

I did 3 miles my third time out. Yeah, it skipped, but I guess the 35 pounds I'm down so far helped keep me centered.

3 Comments:

  • The treadmill is one of my best friends..yes, sometimes we have fall-outs (where joints or shins hurt) but overall, I clock over 3.5 miles, 6 days a week. It keeps my weight in check and takes me away from everything...everything. When I'm on it I don't hear or see anyone...I'm in my zone, into my music and going places and seeing myself in ways I don't do normally.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:51 PM  

  • Make the treadmill your friend. I am a eliptical lover. Love it to death! But hitting the treadmill is giving me great results. So make peace with it.

    By Blogger TBone, at 9:32 PM  

  • tbone...I'm also a lover of the elliptical machine. I can do about 65 minutes on that alone...it gives a great workout.

    I definitely get into a zone when on the treadmill, though I do keep an eye out for any hotties making their way to the gym.

    By Blogger E, at 10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home