The Weight Loss Trials

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

We got the beat!

It's Tuesday, and I've been to the gym twice already. Thanks to some clean gym clothes.

I dunno why it's the way it is, but I can't stand to roll up in the gym with yesterday's sweat lines and everything else. It's like I feel underdressed.

Walking into the gym is more like the back room at a fashion show. The black woman up front, her hair pinned so close to her scalp she looks like she has brush waves. The white guy with the salt and pepper hair on the weight bench, his new track suit looking like it was bought specifically for today.

Then you have me, pushing myself to the limit on the arc trainer, sweating like I'm in the sauna, guzzling water like it's going out of style (and it is, here in North Carolina, but I digress).

Update: I checked my measurements yesterday and got really excited, but I was too tired to post. I lost 2 inches off my waist, 3.5 off the stomach, 2 off the thighs, 2.5 off the chest. PR in April is about to be somethin else!

3 Comments:

  • Oh wow - well check you out. Congrats on the weight loss man!

    By Blogger Darius T. Williams, at 8:35 PM  

  • That's what I'm talking about!!!!!
    Congratulations pa! BTW - you'll be happy to hear that PR is not as body conscious as you may think...on the real, we don't give a fuck how thick you are...it's more about personality there.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:31 PM  

  • It's not for anybody else. Just me.

    Just me.

    Thanks for the comments.

    By Blogger M-Dubb, at 10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home