The Weight Loss Trials

Thursday, January 31, 2008

What makes a man try to kill himself?

Seeing an uptick on the scale, that's what.

So I'm only down 25 pounds for January, but I'm trying to do that again in February.

I'll admit I had a bad "final week." I was supposed to be shaking my way to my adjusted goal of 32, but something came up.

This big ass project I've been stressing over at work.

Seriously, If I'm not writing, I'm interviewing. If I'm not interviewing, I'm audiotaping. If I'm not audiotaping, I'm re-interviewing. But it'll be over soon.

I've been putting in extra hours trying to get it done, and working hard to make sure there's some impression I'm doing my daily work. My editor says to me the other night: "Marlon, that's what it's like in a newsroom." Yeah, sure. But the people who work during the daytime aren't stretched thin like me.

But I'll survive.

My goal in February is another 25 pounds. If I meet the goal, I'll have to walk around with an epi pin to stop the swelling. Best believe the swagger will be on bump!

3 Comments:

  • Congrats on this - you can really do it. I need to take some inspiration from you!

    By Blogger Darius T. Williams, at 9:02 AM  

  • I know how it feels...I'm on it too. I'm a little confused though...are you saying losing 25 lbs in one month?!?!
    I would hope not, but hey, do what's best for you. I'm working on the last 6, but if I'd like to take it down to my "preferred" weight it would need to be 16. Go figure...don't let me friends hear me say that.
    Keep it up...do good...think of the GRAND finale!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:31 PM  

  • Yes sir, 25 pounds in a month. With people like me (I'm 6'8), I have more to lose, and I can do it faster.

    Thanks for the inspiration man!

    By Blogger M-Dubb, at 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home