The Weight Loss Trials

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

You can't tell me to...

I can't do a certain thing. No matter what you KNOW, THINK you know, or PERPETRATE knowing.

This is a battle I'm waging. Yeah, I'm gonna need the encouragement, wisdom and whatever else you can spit into my ear.

The first is encouragement. For a reason, it's the first in the line. I'll need that to keep up whatever it is I'm doing. Remember you're not the only voice in my head (including my own) telling me what to do and how to do it. If I get frustrated, kindly drop your two cents in: "you know, I did (blah, blah and blah) and look at me..." It's not gonna work when you discourage what I'm doin.

It'll only end with me sitting on the new Euro futon swallowing a rootbeer float and some 7-11 nachos (mmm, that sounds good right about now).

CCS clowns my trying to become a gym nazi. In nobody's world but my own, that's encouragement.

Sleezy tells me "every pound you've lost has found it's way to me!" While it's not a good thing to him, it certainly is to me. It means I'm doing SOMETHING RIGHT.

I was told I needed to treat myself every so often. I just don't think I've done that in the smallest moderation needed to see results.

People fail to realize NONE of them have been where I am. I had a doctor tell me I need to be 135 pounds smaller than I am. That would put me at about 200 pounds. That sounds good for him, but I'll be damned if I wanna look like Kobe Bryant's malnourished ass.

But still, it's depressing.

I wanna lose 65 lbs total from what I weigh today. Then, I'll be happy, finer den I am... lol... and able to jump up and down without my body moving in another direction.

Thanks for choosing Cinnabon.

6 Comments:

  • don't necessarily listen to doctors when it comes to weight. those charts are based on white people. we do not have bodies built like theirs (in case you didn't notice). if you don't like yourself at 200 lbs, how will that help? be healthy, but you don't have to be extra slim.

    By Blogger Jameil, at 8:45 AM  

  • I'm not saying I want to be 200 lbs. I'm not saying those charts aren't based on "mainstream: thoughts. I'm saying they exist, and when they pound them on like that, it's gonna be discouraging.

    By Blogger M-Dubb, at 10:14 AM  

  • Glad to see I am not the only one on this path, good luck! I just added a link to your blog off of mine.

    By Blogger Elle Jefe, at 10:52 AM  

  • That whole normal weight thing is ridiculous and if I weighed what I should weight I would look like a crack head LOL...I'm slowly noticing weight changes and what not but I get discouraged sometimes...you're focused and you have a goal....that's more than most people have.

    By Blogger Ms.Honey, at 2:16 PM  

  • Keep your eye on the prize Marlon. As long as you keep doing some form of exercise, the results will eventually come. Do be careful when you treat yourself with an award. Moderation is definitely key.

    You'll be fine.

    By Blogger E, at 7:38 PM  

  • I love this blog!

    Self-discipline really is the hardest part, so I know you are struggling right now.

    But you are making it happen! This is me, cheering for you on the sidelines (as I stuff cookies into my mouth and watch my ass spread).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home