The Weight Loss Trials

Monday, March 17, 2008

Where I usually fall flat

I eat sweets to keep me up on long road trips. With the passing of my aunt last week, and the fact that plane tickets are priced through the roof, I'll be driving the SUV home for her funeral.

Oh, boy.

I dunno how I'm going to be able to make it through. Usually the sugar is what helps me when I'm close to conking out. Maybe I'll buy something upbeat like the new Danity Kane CD to keep me going. I dunno. But I'm gonna need all the help I can get, without my good friend Hostess to help me out with those 10 hours.

2 Comments:

  • Try a shit load of fresh fruit and veggies...whole grain cheese fish (Peppridge Farm - sp) and some low fat Activa yogurts. Hey...you're allowed a little somethin' somethin' on the bad side, but there's no point in throwin' the baby out with the bath water on this road trip. Think about steppin' out of the truck lookin' like the Mac Daddy who's puttin' it down at the gym.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:09 PM  

  • Oh boy is right. The issue I have whenever I travel is that I don't want to wind up doing the #2 anywhere along my stop. That's why while fresh fruit and veggies is a good idea, I wouldn't overload on them since I know #2 would be calling my name within hours.

    I would get those Special K breakfast bars to tide me over for a few hours, plenty of water, and since you are probably going to need a drive break at some point, I'd wait till I"m hungry and hopefully only having an urge for #1 and have a Subway sandwich or chicken salad at that point. By then hopefully that along with another breakfast bar should tide you over till you get to your destination.

    It wouldn't hurt to get that Danity Kane CD as well.

    By Blogger E, at 8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home