The Weight Loss Trials

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I feel like rubber, but that's a good thing?

I stayed away from weights early on because I was told there was so much excess weight I needed to get off, I needed to get a head start on the cardio.

Problem is, I feel like a water bed.

Now I know some people like the fact that I have a little more on me, but I'm getting to the stage in this experiment where I wanna be as hard as I feel.

That, my friends, ain't happnin.

So I'm going to seek a second opinion. I mean, it's not like I'm going to start over. But I need to know how soon I can start toning.

I know this stuff didn't get on me overnight, but I'm feeling like a caterpillar getting ready for the cocoon phase.

What do I do? Who do I ask? What will become of me?

OK, that last one was a little over the top, but ya know...

5 Comments:

  • I struggle with a similar issue...I have lost and kept off the weight, but realize that when I work out harder - and have more muscle toning and lifting I get heavier and am hungier. Today's weigh-in revealed that since my 150 lbs weigh-in that had me celebrating 5 pounds to go, I now am at 163 lbs! Can you believe that shit?!?!?!? Meanwhile my waist hasn't changed, my stomach is still flat and toned and I can crack a walnut with my thighs...what's a boy to do??? I'm almost giving up on getting under 150 lbs now.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:48 PM  

  • How tall are you that you're trying to get under 150? 3-foot-11?

    By Blogger M-Dubb, at 5:48 PM  

  • LOL...I'm a little more than a foot shorter than you! A respectable 5'7"...well, respectable for a Puerto Rican man... ;)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:10 PM  

  • Cocoa rican...weight ain't nothing but a number for you. You say you're still toned even at 163, right? And in theory, muscle weighs more than fat, right? I think you're doing just fine from my end.

    M-dubb...I don't think it'll hurt to introduce some weight training at this point. You've dropped a lot of weight and even though you have more you want to drop, I think the weight training will help sculpt you more.

    By Blogger E, at 1:24 AM  

  • Man, just look in the mirror for your second opinion. If the face you see tells you to add weights to your workout, do it.
    ANYTHING that keeps you doing the cardio, feeling confident, and going strong, is what you need to do.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home