The Weight Loss Trials

Monday, October 15, 2007

Daily Digest No. 1

Today, I started holding myself accountable for the things I consume. The ex taught me that Taco Bell, while full of bad service, is great on filling you up, and not using that many calories. I used that to my advantage today.

I decided to keep tabs on what I'm eating, just to make sure I'm not overdoing it.

My goal is that by utilizing the 2,000 calorie approach, along with a cheat day once a week, I'll be able to finally get where I wanna go. Far too often I get in a zone and try to do it too fast. I mean, who doesn't want to lose 5 lbs a week, right?

Right?

It's just that nobody with a full time job can keep that momentum up.

Today, I had a bowl of cereal (150 calories), 2 burritos (470), a nacho supreme (170) and a cup of yogurt (100).

I need to get a third meal, but that might not happen if I don't plan on going to the gym tonight. I'm not really hungry, but I haven't had any veggies, either. We'll see.

5 Comments:

  • I hate counting calories...It sucks.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:01 PM  

  • If I counted calories, I would never get a chance to eat.

    By Blogger One Man’s Opinion, at 7:03 PM  

  • I have to. That's the only way I can keep up. I'll eat... and eat... and eat... Then I'll realize I've eaten like 3K calories in one day.

    It also helps me with my opportunity cost: Would you rather have the snack cakes, or dinner?

    By Blogger M-Dubb, at 7:20 PM  

  • I'm a calorie counter too, but I seem to have lost my way. I need to regroup and find that path real quick. My size 36 jeans barely fit. I'm wearing 38 waist khakis today. :-(

    I was doing so well.

    By Blogger Mr. Jones, at 10:03 AM  

  • Yup - count those calories! Keep it up - but get greens in your diet - every day, lettuce, spinach, kale, broccoli, something w/some fiber - your kidneys and liver will thank you for it.

    By Blogger Darius T. Williams, at 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home