The Weight Loss Trials

Saturday, October 01, 2011

The situation, as it stands

I run. I play tennis. I work out.

For some reason, it doesn't matter.

The weight won't leave.

It slowly crept back as I left North Carolina. At that time (July 09) I had gained 25. I blamed it on the emotions left from unemployment. And I vowed to get it off before the end of the year.

By 2010, I was only up 20. It was progress, right? That's what I told myself.

Today, I've put on 55 of the 75 I lost. I said I wouldn't get back here, but I let the excuses pile up.

I've never really been one to lose weight alone,  but my brother isn't motivated and Kyle doesn't need to go through the process again. This will be hard for me, especially since I feel good and have good stamina.

This is going to be all about me. The motivation is that closet full of clothes I want to wear comfortably.

I've never really been a fan of people telling me what worked for them, so I hit up Charlie Allen, a guy I know from college who's doing professionally everything that I need to do personally. I won't get into his qualifications, but there are plenty.

He told me to focus on the diet and use more weights.

He said more than that, but that's my underlying problem. I'm listening.

I just hope I can put it to good use.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home